In the latest video update, Alex Crooke, Head of Global Equity Income, explains the importance of adjusting to the ‘new normal’ and why he believes dividend-paying equities are likely to perform well in a rising interest rate and reflationary environment. Crooke also covers key sectors that look set to out/underperform and the positioning of the Henderson Global Equity Income Fund.
What is the Henderson Global Dividend Study?
The Henderson Global Dividend Study (HGDS) is a long-term study into global dividend trends, and is the first of its kind. It is a measure of progress that global firms are making in paying their investors an income on their capital. It analyses dividends paid every quarter by the 1,200 largest firms by market capitalisation.
In this video update, Ben Lofthouse, Global Equity Income portfolio manager, explains the recent market rotation from defensive to cyclical stocks and examines key risks and opportunities for global equity income investors.
Jenna Barnard, CFA, Co-Head of Strategic Fixed Income, and John Pattullo, Co-Head of Strategic Fixed Income, give a macroeconomic overeview, current positioning and performance for the Strategic Income Fund and their 2017 outlook.
John Pattullo, Co-Head of Strategic Fixed Income, discusses the reflation theme & why it’s too early to call an end to the bond bull market
Alex Crooke, Head of Global Equity Income, and Job Curtis, Director of Global Equity Income, give a macroeconomic overeview, current positioning and performance for the Global Equity Income Fund and their 2017 outlook.
In this short video, Matthew Beesley, Head of Global Equities, discusses the market implications of Trump’s presidential win. After an initial panic, investors are now buying some areas on price falls. He explains where he sees investment opportunities and threats.
- Result probably confirms more bearish fears that the US economy, having been one of the world’s strongest, may be due a pause.
- The dollar could weaken, having had a strong run, if interest rate rises are pushed back.
- Rather than focus on US equities, where valuation premia are high, there could be select opportunities for investors in some emerging markets – potentially Brazil, Korea, and India.
- There is every chance US business confidence may be shaken, so Matthew expects the outlook for 2017 to be more cautious.
- With a Trump presidency and a Republican House, there has been a relief rally in healthcare stocks and movement in the energy sector.
Ben Lofthouse, CFA, Portfolio Manager, notes how he & team are finding good dividend growth in the current environment
John Pattullo, Co-Head of Strategic Fixed Income, recaps the reflation narrative & why markets may be misguided